Re: [RFC] incremental rebase

On Nov 26 22:01, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
> >> +    if (file.size() == file.rfind('/'))
> >       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Shouldn't this be file.size() - 1?
>
> Yes, but it's anyway not the best code to check for a trailing '/'.

Feel free to add methods which match your use case better.

> > Is this last test necessary?  The Script constructor guarantees that
> > the stratum is allowable.
>
> You've convinced me that this safety check is no longer necessary (it
> was with the initial version of the constructor, though).
>
> > 1. You should do something to make sure that incremental rebase (or
> > whatever version of autorebase gets chosen) is run first among the
> > perpetual postinstall scripts in stratum 0.  One possibility would be
> > to also allow stratum 1, and require that no packages other than
> > incremental rebase use stratum 0.  Alternatively, give the incremental
> > rebase script a name that guarantees that it comes first in whatever
> > order the perpetual scripts are run in.
>
> The perpetual scripts are different in that dependency order can't be
> generated for them.

...except you allow to define more than 1 stratum and run the perpetual
scripts stratumized.  I thought that was the underlying idea.

> The order in which they are run is the sort order
> of the file find/visitor that picks them up from the postinstall
> directory.  That order may be locale dependent, so I think we'd somehow
> need to force something sane here (POSIX).

The order is the order on disk, which is using the LOCALE_INVARIANT
locale when creating the B-tree, IIUC.  But it's not asked too much
if the filename character set is restricted to ASCII.

Red Hat