Re: [ITP] chicken-4.9.0.1

On Dec 10 16:50, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> * Christian Kellermann <ckeen@pestilenz.org> [141210 16:33]:
> > * Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> [141210 16:09]:
> > >
> > > Please note that the 32bit version of the Assembler don't have that
> > > row.
> >
> > Interesting, we only ran into this with Apple's Mach-O assembler.
> >
> > It works with a gcc-4.8.3 / 4.9.1 on my debian box, so I have to
> > see where the difference is.
> >
> > Does it work for you if you omit the #ifdef block (or comment out
> > the line)?
>
> Scratch that, AIUI we need to implement the microsoft calling
> convention in this case instead of using System V AMD64 ABI.

That's definitely necessary when using assembler code.  But look out
for the tiny difference in the data model between Cygwin and Windows.
While WIndows is LLP64, Cygwin is LP64:

  sizeof (long) = 4 (Windows) vs. 8 (Cygwin).

But the Windows datatypes are still Windows datatypes:

  sizeof (LONG) = 4

HTH,
C0rinna

Red Hat