Re: setup.exe creates broken shortcuts

Hi Benjamin,

On Jan 12 22:52, Benjamin Richardson wrote:
> setup.exe creates shortcuts for the terminal that when used, Windows
> complains about missing files.

Not for me, no.

> I've narrowed down the problem to line
> 200 of /setup/desktop.cc:
>
> #define TARGET          "/bin/mintty"
>
> needs to be:
>
> #define TARGET          "/bin/mintty.exe"
>
> Windows seems to require the file extension for its shortcut target field

Despite the above TARGET having no extension, the shortcut is created
with extension.  In my case (I just tried it again, just to be sure),
the target of the shortcut is created as

  C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -

and starting mintty from there works as expected.

Red Hat