This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 18:57:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: perl-5.14.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87iofh8l54 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54D295C4 dot 7040702 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <87a90t8h0o dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 02/04/2015 11:10 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Stacey writes:
>> On 04/02/15 20:41, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>> If this sounds like a good idea to everybody else I'd remove the current
>>> test package for 5.18.4 on 32bit and replace it with another test
>>> package for 5.14.4, likely in about two weeks. Comments or suggestions?
>> Do you expect the XS modules built against 5.14.2 to be compatible
>> with 5.14.4, or would you like them rebuilt?
> I expect them to be compatible, but I haven't tested that assumption yet.
You need to keep the useint* and usemymalloc settings from 5.14.2, then
it should be ok.
For the new 5.22 one you need to disable usemymalloc and remove the
"_0"/".0" suffix in
the dll and archname directory name to provide seemless upgrades to
5.22.1 and 5.22.2
later, to fix the .0 bugs. Typically a .0 perl release is of very poor
The plan sounds good.