This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] python-discid-1.1.0: Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 14:10:49 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ITP] python-discid-1.1.0: Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87a90nwjqp dot fsf at leila dot volkerzell dot de> <1423487867 dot 2792 dot 3 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <871tlz6w50 dot fsf at VZELL-LAP dot de dot oracle dot com>
On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 14:40 +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> >>>>> Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> > On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 09:51 +0100, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> >> category: Python
> >> requires: python
> >> sdesc: "Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz"
> >> ldesc: "The main purpose is the calculation of an identifier for audio
> >> discs (Disc ID) to use for the MusicBrainz database. Additionally
> >> the disc MCN and track ISRCs can be extracted."
> > This module loads libdiscid via ctypes, so you need an explicit
> > REQUIRES=libdiscid-devel in your .cygport. With that change, GTG.
> Shouldn't that be:
No. Our python packages include a patch so that
ctypes.util.find_library('foo') will 'dlltool -I /usr/lib/libfoo.dll.a'
in order to find the DLL name it should load. Therefore, python
packages which use find_library('foo') must REQUIRES libfoo-devel.
(BTW, think this is bad? On ELF platforms, find_library uses gcc -lfoo
and ldd to discover the SONAME.)