This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport patches for TeX Live
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:40:00 -0600
- Subject: Re: cygport patches for TeX Live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5490B70E dot 2040903 at cornell dot edu> <5490BB84 dot 2020506 at cornell dot edu> <54920139 dot 1030605 at cornell dot edu> <87bnn1z7sn dot fsf at Gertrud dot fritz dot box> <5492D29F dot 5050306 at cornell dot edu> <54AA4285 dot 6010805 at cygwin dot com> <54AAC3FA dot 8020204 at cornell dot edu> <87zj9x2jzr dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54B83546 dot 1030304 at cornell dot edu> <1423702229 dot 12472 dot 126 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <54DC27A3 dot 4060604 at cornell dot edu> <54DC9562 dot 8090209 at cornell dot edu>
On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 06:58 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 2/11/2015 11:10 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> > On 2/11/2015 7:50 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> >> On Thu, 2015-01-15 at 16:46 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
> >>> In view of https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2015-01/msg00034.html,
> >>> I'll use
> >>> /var/lib/texmf/postinstall for the postinstall markers. I'm
> >>> attaching revised
> >>> cygport patches.
> >> I applied and pushed patches 1 and 3; given the texlive/fontconfig
> >> discussion, does 2 still apply?
> > Not as it stands. But for users who have chosen to make the TeX Live
> > fonts available to fontconfig (by creating a symlink as discussed in the
> > other thread), I think I should keep the font caches up to date. I'll
> > send a revised patch tomorrow that does this.
> On second thought, that patch is OK as is. I'll just change the texlive
> perpetual postinstall script so that it only calls fc-cache if the
> symlink /etc/fonts/conf.d/09-texlive.conf exists.
OK, applied and pushed.