This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 22:12:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: perl-5.14.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87iofh8l54 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87bnl6n8uw dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87386gtaub dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87fva8cl9v dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
Achim Gratz writes:
> Achim Gratz writes:
>> It turns out that doing so damages the debug information in the library
>> and then it can't be extracted later, so I'll have to skip this step
>> when building with cygport. I have no idea how and why this happens;
>> the debug information is still there, but quite obviously it can't be
>> correctly associated with the code after rebasing. Is that something
>> that can be fixed in rebase or objcopy?
> Specifically, running "nm -l" does not output the source files and line
> numbers any more. The entries are still in the object file, but the
> association with the symbols has been lost.
Looking at the DWARF dump it seems that the .debug_str section has been
relocated in the rebased image. If any body knows how to inject this
section from the original DLL into the rebased image I could test if the
debug information would show up again, but I think that this section
should not be rebased.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf Blofeld V1.15B11: