This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [setup] Makefile.am patches
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 20:34:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [setup] Makefile.am patches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87k2zkcnxv dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150215104056 dot GO7225 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87a90fxqhn dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150215143557 dot GU7225 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <871tlrxhc2 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150216091237 dot GV7225 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54E23548 dot 8040802 at redhat dot com> <20150216191129 dot GJ8493 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Sounds good to me. However, I don't understand it. I expected that it
> writens the changelog entry automatically to the ChangeLog file, but it
> doesn't. I just tested it in a local branch. I added this:
>> > [merge "merge-changelog"]
>> > name = GNU-style ChangeLog merge driver
>> > driver = git-merge-changelog %O %A %B
> to my .gitconfig file. Then I commited something. The ChangeLog file
> didn't change. Nothing changed, actually.
No, the git-merge-changelog driver just solves the problem of the merge
conflicts that arise from trying to commit from different branches that
all have their own version of the ChangeLog file.
> Uh. But then again, how *do* I automate writing a ChangeLog entry?
> Also, the git log messages are crippled, all text is printed in a single
Uh, what? You need to keep a blank line between the (brief) commit
message and any ChangeLog lines, the first line and any following
(wrapped) lines will be the single-line commit message.
>> you don't need
> I'm rather confused now. So I don't need git-merge-changelog for
> automation and I don't need gitlog-to-changelog if I keep the ChangeLog
> logs. If I don't need any one of them, what *do* I need?
You need one _or_ the other, but not both. You want to keep the
ChangeLog file, so you don't auto-extract from the git commit messages,
but install the merge driver.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Q+, Q and microQ: