This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] Sendmail 8.14.9
- From: "D. Boland" <daniel at boland dot nl>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:24:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] Sendmail 8.14.9
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53ED0870 dot 68FBA51E at boland dot nl> <54E32DF4 dot CB538699 at boland dot nl> <20150217150655 dot GZ8493 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Only two smaller problems:
> - The mailq and newaliases symlinks in /usr/bin must not be part
> of the package, otherwise they potentially overwrite an existing
> configuration. They are created by sendmail-config anyway, if
> the user chooses to run the script.
> - Probably less important, but the other MTAs are installed into
> /usr/sbin, not into /usr/libexec. Fedora installs the sendmail
> binary as /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail, analog to postfix, which
> is installed on Cygwin and Linux as /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix.
> But that's not that important, as long as there's no collision.
> Other than that, I think the package is GTG.
Thanks for the sharp eye. I'll remove the links.