This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mscgen-0.20-2
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 20:41:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mscgen-0.20-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 54E51AC4 dot 9030506 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <54ED794F dot 30100 at towo dot net> <54EE31F0 dot 3050005 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <54EF0A72 dot 9020609 at towo dot net>
Am 26.02.2015 um 12:58 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
On 25.02.2015 21:34, David Stacey wrote:
I had similar problems until I found out how to configure fonts. This
is very poorly documented.
With /etc/fonts/fonts.conf pointing to ~/.fonts, it is actually
sufficient to link your font directory to ~/.fonts
and you can address all fonts contained therein (including subfolders)
by their name like in
On 25/02/2015 07:27, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 19.02.2015 um 00:05 schrieb David Stacey:
The following package has been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
Mscgen is a small programme that parses Message Sequence Chart
descriptions and produces PNG, SVG, EPS or server side image maps
(ismaps) as the output.
This release has been built with libgd3 and three patches from Fedora.
Please rebuild the package with
so the font selection option -F can be used.
I tried rebuilding with '--with-freetype'. mscgen builds but always
exits with an error code. This is because gdImageStringFT() always
returns the string 'Could not set character size'. By default, the
code is trying to use the 'helvetica' font. I have a goodly selection
of font packages installed. Any ideas?
mscgen -T png -F "Droid Sans"
fc-list ":*" family style
you can list all available fonts with the name and style properties that
work in mscgen -F, where only one of multiple style names shall be used:
mscgen -T png -F "Comic Sans MS:style=Fett"
A patch to include these hints in the manual page would be good, the
upstream project does not seem to be active.