This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PLUSH HIPPO] Re: [ITA] maxima-5.35.1
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 07:03:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PLUSH HIPPO] Re: [ITA] maxima-5.35.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87sidjxlsm dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150305224127 dot GA5312 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> I'm proposing to resurrect maxima as a Cygwin
>> package. The packaging is modeled after openSUSE.
> Resurrect? We had that already at one point?
Yes, but only on 32bit due to the missing clisp due to the missing
ffcallâ it got removed during the recent cleanup of stale dependencies.
> You're fishing for hippos, too, it seems ;)
This is entirely self-servingâ When I have to do some sensitivity
analysis it is nice to do it via symbolic differentiation as much as
possible before veering into numerics. I'm no longer doing this often
enough to be sure of not making stupid errors while trying to remember
the chain rules, so Maxima to the rescue. :-P
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation: