Re: [ITA/ITP] lots of perl distributions

On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 20:24 +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
> > In order to get rid of perl_vendor on 32bit and update the packages to
> > the same versions on 64bit, I need to maintain the packages that were
> > formerly in perl_vendor plus another bunch that either are new
> > dependencies or are needed to build and test those packages.
>
> Done.  Upset didn't complain, so I hope everything is OK.
>
> Yaakov, could you please remove the packages from ports that are now
> available in Cygwin proper?  There have been a few collisions already
> with the 64bit distribution, some even with the same version number
> (they were probably the same packages in reality, but it still feels
> unclean).

If you are using a new build, the proper way to handle this would be to
bump RELEASE so that the distro package takes precedence; that way I
don't have to remove the package from Ports the very instant it lands in
the distro.  The alternative would have been for me to copy over the
existing tarballs from Ports, which is "cleaner" because then they
really are the same package.

--
Yaakov