Re: Question about clisp version naming

On 3/16/2015 4:07 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
Is there an issue with stripping clisp executables?

Yes, with the executable dumps.

Is there a magic
number we can use to detect these automatically?

File identifies them as plain executables.  CLisp knows which runtime
they were rpdocued from, so there must by some symbols to pull this
information from.  Ken should have an answer, otherwise I can
investigate later.  In any case these are the only executables shipped
with maxima, so RESTRICT=strip doesn't do any harm at the moment.

The clisp executables are not stripped because apparently there's a disassemble command within clisp that doesn't work if the executables are stripped. I don't actually know anything about this, but there was a comment about that in the .cygport file that I inherited from Reini. This may or may not explain why maxima.exe didn't like being stripped.

Ken