This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport upload: patch for openssh 6.8p1
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 04:04:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygport upload: patch for openssh 6.8p1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f6v3mat5svral28cv16phn3ags040mjj3a at 4ax dot com> <f6v3mat5svral28cv16phn3ags040mjj3a-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <1432929978 dot 7892 dot 19 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <1432929978 dot 7892 dot 19 dot camel-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA at public dot gmane dot org> <j5akmatr5evakc8raip10v3avvhsjvcedr at 4ax dot com>
> > Any thoughts on a better regex or on keeping compatibility with other
> > systems?
> Right, OK. See the attached revised patch, which uses
> to detect the key fingerprint. The left side is the same as now, for pre-6.8
> systems, which use MD5 without a label. The right side is for version 6.8 and
> later, where the default is SHA256 with the label 'SHA256:' prepended. So this
> should cover all cases.
A more precise regex is
I've committed this change to my upload branch at
Also in that branch, I've added documentation of the fact that users will need
to connect to cygwin.com at least one time by sftp before they upload, in order
to store the host public key in their known_hosts file, as explained in