This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Attn Maintainer] octave
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:04:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Attn Maintainer] octave
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87bnh3dw92 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <556946DF dot 3070502 at gmail dot com> <87d21i4n9y dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 5/30/2015 8:01 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Marco Atzeri writes:
TeXLive had the same problem, that's one of the reasons perpetual
postinstall scripts were introduced. You can look at that to see how
Ken deals with that.
if I understood correctly a script called
will be always executed at the end of the postinstall script
sequence and never renamed as ".done".
I am moving the octave update script in
so the new octave update should work as:
1) every octave-forge preremove/postinstall script
2) zp_octave_finish.dash checks if
and if so execute
updates the octave package database and removes the
If there are no fork issue on 32 bit, I will implement
in this way on 4.0.0 that I am just building together with
update of the 50s octave-forge packages.