This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] mkvtoolnix - Tools for manipulating Matroska files
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:53:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] mkvtoolnix - Tools for manipulating Matroska files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <556997F6 dot 1090300 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <55699F85 dot 1090801 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On Sat, 2015-05-30 at 12:31 +0100, David Stacey wrote:
> mkvtoolnix is a collection of tools for manipulating Matroska files
> (*.mkv, *.mka). It features command line utilities and a GUI front end.
> It requires libebml , libmatroska  and pugixml .
This would be a nice addition.
> mkvtoolnix is present is most Linux distros . Packaging is based on
> Fedora. GUI package contains both wx-widgets and Qt variants. I may
> split this into two separate packages, depending on how Fedora package
> their version.
In Fedora, only the wxWidgets GUI is built:
But that means that mkvtoolnix-gui is actually missing in Fedora. While
it is somewhat unusual for a single package to provide a mix of GTK+ and
Qt GUIs, these are separate programs and the set would seemingly be
incomplete without both. (FWIW it's also unusual to use Rake in a
project which doesn't use Ruby.)
I think this can be GTG as is, once the dependencies are updated for the