This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] unison2.48
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 16:16:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ITP] unison2.48
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <g4i3na1naihbfrkmauqkab6e45h6q62i91 at 4ax dot com> <g4i3na1naihbfrkmauqkab6e45h6q62i91-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <1433530021 dot 14544 dot 25 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
> On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 12:06 -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > There's a new beta release of Unison, version 2.48. It's incompatible with the
> > previous releases, so we need a new package for it, unison2.48. I have it built
> > and ready to upload. Please add it to the Cygwin package maintainers list, with
> > me as maintainer. Thanks, Andrew
> BTW do you have any plans to build the GTK GUI versions?
Not immediately. The last time I tried was several years ago, and there was
some problem with lablgtk that kept it from working. That was many versions of
unison and lablgtk ago, so it would be worth trying again, but only if people
For myself, I use command line unison every day, but have no need for the GUI.
And there's a Windows native build GUI, which probably meets many users' needs,
although not necessarily Cygwin users. So I don't know how many people would
want the GTK GUI.
I guess the thing to do would be to ask on the cygwin list, and see what the