This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 14:05:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: setup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150601210617 dot GW4308 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87wpzm664z dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150602082929 dot GA4308 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87y4k22i4k dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150603081922 dot GA3416 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1433351095 dot 14116 dot 6 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <87bngw3een dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150608125636 dot GM3416 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20150608134910 dot GQ3416 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1433788479 dot 10576 dot 1 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <20150608184724 dot GT3416 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 20:47 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 8 13:34, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 15:49 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > ...it also handles the "autodep" and "incver_ifdep" stuff in setup.hint.
> > >
> > > "autodep" (and "noautodep") seems to have a bug, though, as we discussed
> > > a while back. It seems to miss adding some of the required dependencies.
> > Do we really need autodep anymore?
> IDK. autodep is only used to create the auto-dependency to the "cygwin"
> package, except for the two "noautodep" packages _update-info-dir and
> _autorebase. The reason, afair, was to make sure the dependency chain
> created by setup when (un-)installing in the right order makes sense.
I thought the reason was to (attempt to) assure proper ordering of
postinstall scripts, which (besides not working properly, as we
discovered a while ago) we shouldn't need to rely on any more with the