This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 22:50:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87h9qkbllg dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87ioazclrp dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150608132823 dot GN3416 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87oakqnkfi dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150608193154 dot GU3416 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <878ubtor9g dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150609095604 dot GA4993 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <874mmghlf8 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150610080526 dot GC31537 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <871thjtq0m dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150610185417 dot GL31537 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> > Either way, please go ahead and apply your patch. While you're at it,
>> > would you mind to change YY_READ_BUF_SIZE as above and raise the buffer
>> > size in io_stream::copy to 64K as well?
>> Yes, but I'll probably put each of those in a separate commit.
> Sure, thank you.
I'll do that later since I have to re-shuffle some local commits and
then test everything again first.
If you're so inclined you could perhaps have a look at the next commit
on my local branch:
This implements xz compressed setup.xz files over network in addition to
setup.bz2. The difference between bz2 and xz is pretty consistently
about 10% smaller files for xz, but the main envisioned advantage some
time down the road (years, most likely) would be to get rid of the
additional compression libraries in setup once everything is compressed
with xz. The best compression setting with the setup files I have
looked at is "-6e". I've also checked that setup can deal correctly
with different checksums for the xz blocks (standard is crc64, but
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9: