This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: texlive: emacs-auctex and texlive-collection-latexextra both provide preview-latex
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 17:21:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: texlive: emacs-auctex and texlive-collection-latexextra both provide preview-latex
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1432836860 dot 3856 dot 38 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On 5/28/2015 2:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
See $SUBJECT. emacs-auctex's copy is in texmf-site and texlive's is in
texmf-dist, so while they don't physically clobber each other I suspect
we only want one of them; I'm just not sure which.
I agree. I think emacs-auctex should be the provider, since preview-latex is
developed as part of the AUCTeX project
If emacs-auctex should be the provider, then could you please make it a
subpackage? A couple programs can use preview-latex without requiring
I'll do this in the next day or two. And I'll remove it from
texlive-collection-latexextra starting with TeX Live 2015, which will be
released very soon.