This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] hwloc-1.11.0-1
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:36:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] hwloc-1.11.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <558F8487 dot 6040105 at gmail dot com> <1435634552 dot 5276 dot 8 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <20150630164133 dot GF2918 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 18:41 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 29 22:22, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 07:22 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > > Library and tool for Portable Hardware Locality
> > > already in most Linux and BSD distri.
> > >
> > > Packages
> > > hwloc
> > > hwloc-devel
> > > libhwloc5
> > I would prefer calling the devel package libhwloc-devel.
> Out of curiosity, why? It's called hwloc-devel on Fedora as well...
But on Fedora there would be no libhwloc5, just hwloc (with both the
program(s) and shared object) or maybe hwloc-libs. But as we have a
libhwloc5 package (and for good reason) then the -devel package should
be libhwloc-devel for consistency. This is the naming scheme I've been
working towards for some time now.