This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] Perl distributions (in preparation of Perl 5.22)
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 09:26:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ITA] Perl distributions (in preparation of Perl 5.22)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87a8wt3rg0 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87mvzrfzlp dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <1435360174 dot 11720 dot 34 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <1435633541 dot 5276 dot 7 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <87pp488aki dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <5598352D dot 8030603 at acm dot org> <87bnfr3zwe dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 7/5/2015 2:02 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
David Rothenberger writes:
I've rebuilt the package as curr and not test and uploaded to my area. I
did not create the !ready file.
Is this the right way to do this? Or should I release a test package?
As long as you remember what you did it's going to be OK. A test
package might only be needed if someone else asks for it or you need
BTW, since we're still not having feedback from Volker Zell,
We did get feedback from him on a different issue:
So I think it's clear that he won't be rebuilding his packages in the near future.
the release of
Perl v5.22 will have to happen later. I am myself unavailable next week