This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- From: Alexey Sokolov <alexey+cygwin at asokolov dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:04:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55AB5EC2 dot 2060400 at asokolov dot org> <20150719100317 dot GD19825 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55ABA522 dot 9000008 at asokolov dot org> <87d1zogku1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55ABEC90 dot 3040106 at asokolov dot org> <55ABECDD dot 9040805 at asokolov dot org> <87zj2sezel dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55AC0089 dot 2090304 at asokolov dot org> <20150720074442 dot GJ3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55AD44E9 dot 8070207 at asokolov dot org> <20150721071221 dot GZ3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55AED4D4 dot 1040403 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <55AED687 dot 8070607 at asokolov dot org> <55AEDB8E dot 6070507 at asokolov dot org> <55B0213A dot 5070005 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <55B03C16 dot 1060009 at asokolov dot org> <55B0EB09 dot 50402 at cornell dot edu> <55B15377 dot 4090101 at asokolov dot org>
23.07.2015 21:49, Alexey Sokolov ÐÐÑÐÑ:
> 23.07.2015 14:24, Ken Brown ÐÐÑÐÑ:
>> On 7/22/2015 8:57 PM, Alexey Sokolov wrote:
>>> 23.07.2015 00:03, David Stacey :
>>>> cygport ./znc.cygport prep compile
>>>> Nothing out of the ordinary there. This gives the following error:
>>>> configure.ac:255: Something is trying to use the C compiler. Since
>>>> this is a C++ project, this should not happen!
>>>> autom4te-2.69: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
>>> Hm, I'm not sure why autoreconf would do this (works for me though)
>> I can confirm Dave's experience. It's strange that you don't get the
>> same failure. The error message is generated by AC_PROG_CC, which is
>> redefined at the beginning of configure.ac.
> Yes, that message is generated by configure.ac in case if some included
> macro uses AC_PROG_CC instead of AC_PROG_CXX. But no included macro does
> that, neither configure.ac nor m4/*.
> So probably it somehow got included from your system m4 macros.
> configure.ac:255 is AX_PTHREAD, but it should come from m4/ax_pthread.m4
> and it uses C++, not C.
> Probably autoreconf ignores existence of m4/ directory?
> David/Ken, may you pastebin (or attach) full output of ./configure,
> ./configure itself, and config.log? Thanks
If you add ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I m4" to znc.cygport, does it fix for you?