Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0

>> If you add ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I m4" to znc.cygport, does it fix for you?
>
> Yes.  So why didn't your build require that?

I have a hypothesis, but can't prove it without digging autotools sources.

My guess is that you have AX_PTHREAD installed in /usr/share/aclocal (or
in some other directory which is considered by default), and with bigger
#serial than what local m4/ax_pthread.m4 has (17). That's why it doesn't
work for you. But probably aclocal still tries local m4/ directory as
last resort even if "-I m4" is not provided? That's why it could work
for me. By explicitly adding m4/ to include dirs, it looks there earlier.
But this is just a guess.