This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 21:19:20 +0200
- Subject: setup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
With the latest round of changes I'm now down to two local change-sets
1. Implement an option that installs exactly the requested packages, no
matter what packages are already installed. This leaves an installation
in the same state as a new install from scratch would have, modulo any
customizations in /etc. All package versions will be reset to current,
missing packages get installed and additional packages removed. I use
this to ensure that automated installs end up with the same packages no
matter the history of the existing installation. Specifically I
implemented it so that I can switch installations from one option to
another (currently there are four install options: command line, GUI,
developer and developer w/ debuginfo) without manual intervention.
2. Implement an option that pulls in source packages automatically.
This is taken from a patch offered by David Hoke on this list about a
year ago (ChangeLog is missing at the moment).
Both changes have been tested for a while, albeit in a somewhat
restricted environment. Let me know what you think, I'd love to get
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2: