This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Attn Maintainer] stow
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:53:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Attn Maintainer] stow
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87pp3d1j22 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <1aadral3rqdie0rlvu94knvju2htmd07ag at 4ax dot com> <1aadral3rqdie0rlvu94knvju2htmd07ag-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <87y4i06dv5 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <r0jfra9ookgo8tduj9a68ro21agkikn65o at 4ax dot com> <r0jfra9ookgo8tduj9a68ro21agkikn65o-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <87vbd4w1x0 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <kgckra9971l0k9ci6dcibb6jgcrrq7b7ri at 4ax dot com> <kgckra9971l0k9ci6dcibb6jgcrrq7b7ri-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <87zj2dh1rn dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <a79mral71jkgaabh0d47e58iviu39u6912 at 4ax dot com> <874mkkqk97 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55BBC21E dot 7060103 at cornell dot edu>
On 7/31/2015 2:44 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 7/31/2015 2:01 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Andrew Schulman writes:
I have a filter set up to flag messages with HEADSUP in the subject line as
important. So I always read those. Other maintainers are probably filtering on
HEADSUP in a similar way.
I wasn't aware that this was an agreed-upon keyword and I can't find
where it is documented, but I think it should be.
I'm not sure it's an agreed-upon keyword, and I'm actually surprised to hear
that some maintainers are filtering on that word. As a practical matter,
however, I think Andrew is probably right that HEADSUP is a good way to get the
attention of several maintainers at once. Corinna and Yaakov seem to be the
main people who use it (e.g.,
None of this discussion should detract from the amazing job you've done in
pulling this Perl update together. I hope you get several gold stars and/or
plush hippos for all your work.