This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
perl vendorlib, sitelib (was: stow)
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:11:41 -0500
- Subject: perl vendorlib, sitelib (was: stow)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87pp3d1j22 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <1aadral3rqdie0rlvu94knvju2htmd07ag at 4ax dot com>
On Mon, 2015-07-27 at 18:13 -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> Leave aside that it seems brain-dead that I should have to rebuild my package
> for such a triviality. Wouldn't it be nice if I could put the files into, say,
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl, and not have to rebuild my package every time
> there's a new point release of Perl?
This is a good point; pure Perl modules should not need to be rebuilt
for every new Perl version.
It's too late for 5.22, but for 5.24 could we change this to:
Besides being better compliant with FHS, this would help avoid
unnecessary rebuilds with upgrades post-5.24. A similar change that I
made to ruby for 2.0 saved me a LOT of time when upgrading to 2.2.