Re: setup

Warren Young writes:
> But thatâs a side issue, because I donât see why you think you need
> Busybox in the first place, unless it is to be able to run postinst
> scripts.  Canât you just say that that setup-*.tar.xz package never
> has a postinst script, so that all you need to do is un-tar it?

The idea was that you have a fairly complete POSIX environment with as
small a footprint as possible, then use that to bootstrap a more
conventionally styled Cygwin install.

> In that sense, setup.exe is already bootstrapped: it has everything
> within itself to be able to replace itself.

I do like the concept of a self-contained executable, but teaching
setup.exe new tricks is likely a larger effort than adding a script here
and there to an install system.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: