This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: allowing gmane to post to cygwin-apps
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 18:47:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: allowing gmane to post to cygwin-apps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cvmauap59j1jp6npe88s8hpfum11qgugjl at 4ax dot com>
Andrew Schulman writes:
> However now that I try this, it doesn't work. I posted a message and gmane
> accepted it, but the post (Subject: gmane now allows posting directly to
> cygwin-apps) hasn't appeared. In cases like this, gmane's position (in their
> FAQ) is that they sent the email, and the problem must be elsewhere.
Which likely is the case, given that cgf hated Gmane for whatever reason
and also kept the spam traps adjusted.
> Does anyone know if there's something about the sourceware mailing list software
> or configuration that would keep it from accepting email to cygwin-apps sent via
> gmane? Note that I've used gmane exclusively to post to the cygwin list for
> years. It works fine. Only cygwin-apps seems to be affected by this problem.
I'd say that mail through Gmane is still filtered on Sourceware.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation: