Re: allowing gmane to post to cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> I'd say that mail through Gmane is still filtered on Sourceware.
>
> I guess you're right.  What we got a while back was to remove the
> extra-aggressive filters on the cygwin mailing lists, so the spam
> filtering on those are the same now as for any other mailing list on
> sourceware.  So I assume (but I don't know that, actually) that
> the same gmane filtering is done for all mailing lists on sware.

No, it must be specific to cygwin-apps (or else the main cygwin list is
excepted).  Posting through Gmane has and still does work on the main
list, but on none of the others.  Gmane will send the mail as coming
from your subscribed address (if you've configured it correctly), but of
course it's still delivered by gmane's mailer.

Regards,
Achim.