This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: allowing gmane to post to cygwin-apps
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 19:26:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: allowing gmane to post to cygwin-apps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cvmauap59j1jp6npe88s8hpfum11qgugjl at 4ax dot com> <87d1y2dr2g dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150901171307 dot GA5836 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> I'd say that mail through Gmane is still filtered on Sourceware.
> I guess you're right. What we got a while back was to remove the
> extra-aggressive filters on the cygwin mailing lists, so the spam
> filtering on those are the same now as for any other mailing list on
> sourceware. So I assume (but I don't know that, actually) that
> the same gmane filtering is done for all mailing lists on sware.
No, it must be specific to cygwin-apps (or else the main cygwin list is
excepted). Posting through Gmane has and still does work on the main
list, but on none of the others. Gmane will send the mail as coming
from your subscribed address (if you've configured it correctly), but of
course it's still delivered by gmane's mailer.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack: