This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: allowing gmane to post to cygwin-apps
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 14:36:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: allowing gmane to post to cygwin-apps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cvmauap59j1jp6npe88s8hpfum11qgugjl at 4ax dot com> <87d1y2dr2g dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150901171307 dot GA5836 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <874mjedpac dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <874mjedpac.fsf-9O0xPIFIXLULmYpASZe/Uw at public dot gmane dot org> <20150901182354 dot GB5836 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> On Sep 1 19:26, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > >> I'd say that mail through Gmane is still filtered on Sourceware.
> > >
> > > I guess you're right. What we got a while back was to remove the
> > > extra-aggressive filters on the cygwin mailing lists, so the spam
> > > filtering on those are the same now as for any other mailing list on
> > > sourceware. So I assume (but I don't know that, actually) that
> > > the same gmane filtering is done for all mailing lists on sware.
> > No, it must be specific to cygwin-apps (or else the main cygwin list is
> > excepted). Posting through Gmane has and still does work on the main
> > list, but on none of the others. Gmane will send the mail as coming
> > from your subscribed address (if you've configured it correctly), but of
> > course it's still delivered by gmane's mailer.
> Hmm, ok. Care to ask overseers or even... postmaster?
Yes, I sent a message to cygwin-apps-owner this morning, asking for their
gmane has worked flawlessly for me for posting on the cygwin list for
years. I'm not aware of any problems with it. So I hope we can get it to
work for the other lists too.