This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upset, genini: different version ordering
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 20:13:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: upset, genini: different version ordering
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87380i671e dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55AD399D dot 7020001 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <5617C006 dot 7070908 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <20151019154236 dot GC18989 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87mvvehj3t dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <1445275721 dot 10544 dot 14 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> Switchable versioning schemes means that code has to be multiplied in
> both setup and upset, which is just asking for problems. There needs to
> be one single versioning scheme, period, and using RPM's makes sense.
You do know that RPM specifically has an emergency exit in the form of
"serials", do you?
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation: