This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Unicode-Normalize [Re: perl-5.22.0-RC2 / Perl distributions]
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:51:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Unicode-Normalize [Re: perl-5.22.0-RC2 / Perl distributions]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87iobhvj4f dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <5562881F dot 7000301 at cornell dot edu> <87iobh3zwg dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55631FDB dot 10201 at cornell dot edu> <556350C5 dot 20600 at cornell dot edu> <87wpzw33ws dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55636DAE dot 8020607 at cornell dot edu> <55A00F2B dot 6060401 at cornell dot edu> <87oaftnxpk dot fsf_-_ at Rainer dot invalid>
On 10/20/2015 3:31 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
On 5/25/2015 2:45 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
It doesn't look like anything is going to change in the near
future. According to the bug report I cited, Biber runs slower by a
factor of 20 with version 1.18 of Unicode::Normalize than with version
1.17. I don't think that's acceptable.
It turns out that the deprecation that triggered the XS removal was
apparently a misunderstanding and that the XS part of the module will be
resurrected with the next release of the distribution.
A new version of Biber has just been released, and I'll be updating
soon, probably some time next week. I've confirmed that it works fine
with version 1.23 of Unicode::Normalize, so feel free to update the
latter whenever you're ready.
Thanks for holding off until the issue got resolved.