Re: [ITP] fzf 0.10.8

On 5 November 2015 at 10:05, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On Nov  2 10:37, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'm looking at packaging fzf[0], which is a "fuzzy finder" with shell
>> and Vim integration.  It's not nearly so fast on Cygwin as it is on my
>> Linux and Mac boxes, sadly (I suspect a combination of it needing to
>> fall back to Ruby due to Cygwin's lack of Go compiler, plus the standard
>> Cygwin overheads), but it's still pretty fast, and I've been using it
>> myself on Cygwin for a couple of weeks, and on my CentOS box for a fair
>> bit longer.
>>
>> The upstream package has an MIT license and is already included by Arch
>> Linux[1].  The main setup.hint is below, and it's ready to upload as
>> soon as it's declared GTG; I've uploaded the entire package tree[2] and
>> Cygport packaging code[3] for reference, too.
>>
>> [0]: https://github.com/junegunn/fzf
>> [1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fzf/
>> [2]: https://tastycake.net/~adam/cygwin/fzf/
>> [3]: https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-fzf/
>
> GTG.

Thanks! I'm just in the process of working out how to deal with a
bash-completion source ordering issue, then I'll upload and announce.

(In case you're interested: bash-completion sources files in its
directory apparently in alphabetical order. This means fzf's
bash-completion script gets sourced before some things it's supposed
to override; I'm trying to find a slightly less fragile way to avoid
that than just renaming the script as "zzzz-fzf" or similar...)

Adam