This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Please fix your setup.hint files (was: [HEADSUP] requires to obsolete Perl packages)
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 19:27:57 +0100
- Subject: Please fix your setup.hint files (was: [HEADSUP] requires to obsolete Perl packages)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87fv432wdm dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87vb8rut4x dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87io3x11uh dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87egel11f1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <5672EAF7 dot 5020401 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
There are a number of packages still requiring obsoleted Perl packages
that I want to delete now, so these setup.hint files need to be fixed.
Here is what I've found so far with a proposed replacement in
perl_vendor (only on 32bit since it never existed on 64bit):
Yaakov Selkowitz docbook2X (perl-XML-SAX)
Yaakov Selkowitz fvwm, xmltoman (perl-XML-Parser)
Yaakov Selkowitz libexo1_0, svn_load_dirs (perl-URI)
David Rothenberger svn_load_dirs (perl-URI)
Yaakov Selkowitz snownews (perl-XML-LibXML)
Yaakov Selkowitz html2ps (perl-HTTP-Cookies perl-HTTP-Message)
Corinna Vinschen pl (probably spurious)
Remark: SWI Prolog doesn't compile from the source package. The current
stable version 7.2.3 does with minimal changes to the cygport file (the
source archive and directory is now "swipl" instead of "pl") and removal
of the Cygwin specific patches (which might have been upstreamed). Some
files are named differently and don't package into their sub-packages,
but the main package seems to depend on perl-JSON for whatever reason,
but I think that's a spurious match on "use JSON" (.pl is Prolog, not
Perl in this case).
Jon Turney writes:
> Please ping the individual package maintainers to get the hints fixed.
I'm still of the opinion that this list is the proper venue and all of
them have been active in the last few weeks, but I've added them on Bcc:
with the email addresses that they use for getting the mails from the
sourceware uploads anyway.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2: