This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH setup 0/3] Setup replacement for incver_ifdep
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 17:33:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH setup 0/3] Setup replacement for incver_ifdep
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87lhb8htrh dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <561FA783 dot 900 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <87oag0qad3 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20151019154100 dot GB18989 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87io62hiz6 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20151020102150 dot GF5319 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <56532D34 dot 4090102 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <87bnakmtqc dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56549774 dot 2090008 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <87ziy3utip dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20151126101120 dot GA6674 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 26/11/2015 10:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Nov 24 19:44, Achim Gratz wrote:
Jon Turney writes:
So, should we try to guard against that (installations on a USB stick
are probably the only practical occurence these days)? I wouldn't mind
if we just unconditionally rebuild on FAT(32).
Thinking this over, it doesn't seem that hard to use a hash to
determine if the directory has changed.
As I said before, if you're going that route I'd rather do the same
thing as for autorebase and maintain a list of info files. This way you
could remove and add individual info files rather than just rebuilding
everything, just the way post-install works on Linux in this case.
How about the attached?
(This will add a dependency on diffutils for cmp)
You could read the md5sums into variables instead and just compare the
resulting strings within bash. Otherwise we'd have to add diffutils to
the Base category.
I've made this change.
Otherwise, it looks good and thanks for writing up a script.
Use /bin/dash if possible.
I trust both of you to do the right thing. My question here is only,
can we get a solution soon so we can get rid of the old upset method for
the info files? Achim, how long would it take to create the same
solution for info you're using for rebase? Would it make sense to use
Jon's solution in the interim?
As an interim solution, I've adopted _update-info-dir, and updated it to
contain this script.
This removes the last use of autodep, which unblocks some further
improvements to upset.
Future work: I can't see any reason why this script now needs an
independent existence, so it could be absorbed by the info package.