This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.hint documentation issues
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:03:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: setup.hint documentation issues
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56B9E71A dot 7010002 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <877fid3cle dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56C48426 dot 50904 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
Jon Turney writes:
>> OK, although we might need some sort of escaping in the long run.
> Yes, I have no problem with later adding escaping e.g. using '\', if
> needed, since that can written with a character by character lexer.
Indeed and it should also be possible to parse via regex. IN any case,
that's not a problem we need to solve now.
>> So the proposal is to remove skip or make it mandatory for source-only
> I'm not sure. I think I tend towards removing it, since it doesn't
> add any information.
> But currently cygport generates a setup.hint for source-only package
> which only contains 'skip'. I'm not sure that's the best idea, as
> having no sdesc, etc. means we can't describe the source package.
Hmm. I guess Yaakov perhaps knows what that was supposed to achieve.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf microQ V2.22R2: