This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] The Silver Searcher / Ag
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:54:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ITP] The Silver Searcher / Ag
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160223144209 dot GA29016 at dinwoodie dot org>
On 2016-02-23 08:42, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
I'm looking at packaging The Silver Searcher, aka Ag. The Silver
Searcher is a grep/Ack replacement designed for searching code and
optimised for speed.
The package has an Apache 2.0 license, and is already packaged for
Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora, amongst others.
setup.hint is below, further information in the links.
This works better with DISTDIR.
That should be bash-completion with a hyphen.
We have bash-completion-2.1 now, so you can use bashcompdir=$(pkg-config
--variable=completionsdir bash-completion) -- and change *_CONTENTS