This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Keep calm
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:51:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: Keep calm
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56E88E08 dot 609 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
On 2016-03-15 17:34, Jon Turney wrote:
I've disabled upset (the perl script on sourceware.org, which performs
the task of composing setup.ini from setup.hints and moving uploads),
and enabled calm (a re-write from scratch to perform these tasks). This
is a test and may be reverted if things aren't working correctly.
Package maintainers may notice a few differences:
* Package maintainers no longer receive emails about everyone's uploads,
only their own.
There is a list of addressees who receive emails about all packages, so
if you wish to continue to receive those, please let me know and I'll
add you to the list. :)
* Validation of the uploaded package and setup.hint is now much stricter
Many problematic usages which were silently ignored, or permitted and
required manual intervention to fix, are now reported.
I honestly never thought we would get off of upset. This is incredible,
Corinna, certainly this deserves more than just a gold star?