This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] cygport: propagate exit status
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 12:32:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] cygport: propagate exit status
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459947884-13280-1-git-send-email-jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
On 2016-04-06 08:04, Jon Turney wrote:
The commands compile, check, inst, package and all currently return the exit
status of the last command in the pipeline, tee, which they pass their
I guess we don't want to just turn on pipefail, since pkg_pkg very carefully
turns it on and off in a particular place, so use $PIPESTATUS to propagate
the much more interesting exit status of the command who's output is tee'd.
Thanks, merged and pushed.