This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unison-2.48 build fails with latest ocaml and flexdll (ping: Yaakov, Damien)
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 05:15:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: unison-2.48 build fails with latest ocaml and flexdll (ping: Yaakov, Damien)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <da9ihbhqq10li34euc21httcri45rgq28i at 4ax dot com> <h1hvhblmsho84o6ofuetks19agfo3u9ro4 at 4ax dot com> <h1hvhblmsho84o6ofuetks19agfo3u9ro4-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <87d1pcp1m6 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
> Andrew Schulman writes:
> >> I'm trying to build unison 2.48.3, which worked fine the last time I tried
> >> it, in June 2015. Today the build fails, with "flexdll error: cannot
> >> relocate":
> >> >>> Compiling unison2.48-2.48.3-2.x86_64
> >> ocamlc -o mkProjectInfo unix.cma str.cma mkProjectInfo.ml
> >> File "mkProjectInfo.ml", line 1:
> >> Error: Error on dynamically loaded library:
> >> /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so: flexdll error: cannot relocate
> >> RELOC_REL32, target is too far: 0xfffffffc0f997112 0xf997112
> >> I ran /bin/rebaseall and tried again, with the same result.
> > This is still unresolved. I can't build unison-2.48.3 on any of my Cygwin
> > hosts. It worked a year ago; now it doesn't. Can you help?
> Well, check where the library you've just compiled has been based to.
> You can change the image-base of the compiles, see:
Thanks, but nothing has been been compiled yet; the build fails immediately.
I'm not sure if you meant that as diagnosis or solution. It doesn't seem like a
solution. Changing the image base of my compiles seems like an extraordinary
measure. Unison has always built just fine OOTB before.