This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unison-2.48 build fails with latest ocaml and flexdll (ping: Yaakov, Damien)
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 12:44:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: unison-2.48 build fails with latest ocaml and flexdll (ping: Yaakov, Damien)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <da9ihbhqq10li34euc21httcri45rgq28i at 4ax dot com> <h1hvhblmsho84o6ofuetks19agfo3u9ro4 at 4ax dot com> <h1hvhblmsho84o6ofuetks19agfo3u9ro4-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <18002c59-1b77-5912-f5fa-c3e39540b8d8 at gmail dot com> <41t6ibtbcojbmar8blrc80fk8tmplbbuj3 at 4ax dot com> <5723B6C7 dot 8090100 at maxrnd dot com>
Mark Geisert wrote:
the relocation error is different in a 5.3.0 object than a 4.9.2 object such as
So for your case I'd first try rebasing flexdll.so down to 0x0000eff30000 (you
may collide with something else so pay attention to rebase complaints and try a
different address if necessary). If that doesn't help then try rebuilding
flexdll.so with gcc 5.3.0 if it is currently being built with an older gcc.
Mis-stated the 2nd incantation. Try rebuilding the thing that's linking against
flexdll.so with gcc 5.3.0.