This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 12:59:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9de6f042-3510-ef4c-9c2d-90f354244691 at cygwin dot com> <57335F93 dot 7030703 at redhat dot com>
On 2016-05-11 11:36, Eric Blake wrote:
Question: can cygport be enhanced to validate and/or have heuristics for
Possibly, I'd have to consider how exactly.
For example, cygport already has a pass that strips/separates
debuginfo out of binaries compiled by gcc - if any stripping occurs,
then the package is obviously not ARCH=noarch at the moment (down the
road, if we allow noarch by subpackage, that may change slightly, but
you get the idea).
Cross-compiled libraries (e.g. mingw64-*) are noarch and are stripped
Of my packages, I think that only bash-completion and cvsutils are the
most likely candidates, although I haven't yet fully checked if they are
They are, and have been moved to noarch accordingly.