This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Dedup x86/x86_64 --> noarch
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 19:59:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Dedup x86/x86_64 --> noarch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87zistg99v dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <p442jbp4sn1nrj1t8umrmsne9jtk6arc2p at 4ax dot com> <p442jbp4sn1nrj1t8umrmsne9jtk6arc2p-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <87inymwjq1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <8cv2jblkgd2khl5esae0s09kc3731aq9s4 at 4ax dot com>
On 10/05/2016 07:20, Andrew Schulman wrote:
If this is what's happened, we need to update https://cygwin.com/setup.html with
the new information (the page is overdue for an overhaul anyway).
I agree that page is very bad at communicating the information it needs
to communicate. Perhaps it would be much more helpful if it had a few
examples of .cygport files rather than diving into the minutiae of
However, I took a look over it, but I don't see what needs updating for
this particular change. Can you be more specific about what you think
I have updated https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
That didn't actually explain before what to do if you are manually
uploading a noarch package ("if you are doing a manual upload, and your
package is noarch, you'll need to upload to both x86 and x86_64"), so
I'm not sure how to update it for the hopefully more straightforward
present situation ("if you are doing a manual upload, and your package
is noarch, upload to noarch").