This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] splitting documentation
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 21:46:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] splitting documentation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <d3964cef-fd56-3481-5e3d-c810f19ff998 at gmail dot com> <87k2io7fqu dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 20/05/2016 20:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
Marco Atzeri writes:
To move the documentation in a noarch package
I split lilypond in two source packages.
I'm not too enamored with this ideaâ we will eventually end up with the
possibility of having parts of packages noarch and other parts arch-ful.
Trying to preempt that goal by going berserk on package definitions that
are not noarch only seems wrong to me.
In this case is not documentation built from the source,
it is separately downloaded already now, just packaged
together for convenience.
Putting in noarch reduce the duplication.
currently there are 4 copies of learning.pdf
(source + binary) for each arch.