This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not clear the prev, curr and exp fields of packagemeta. Never.
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Houder <houder-qWit8jRvyhVmR6Xm/wNWPw at public dot gmane dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 14:44:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not clear the prev, curr and exp fields of packagemeta. Never.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <510b310a3f4f5a19abf1349216f013b3 at xs4all dot nl>
On 04/05/2016 13:38, Houder wrote:
Please, submit this patch.
Thanks for the patch.
This patch rectifies
- packagemeta::ScanDownloadedFiles (package_meta.cc), and
- packagemeta::trustp (package_meta.h)
Class packagemeta has "fields" prev, curr, exp and installed, which in fact
represent the info from setup.ini/installed.db, and should never be cleared
therefore. _Currently_ these fields are cleared in ScanDownloadedFiles() in
order to notify that the tarball for the associated field is not available.
This is a mistake, as it destroys relevant info (e.g. the version number of
To ascertain whether or not the associated tarball is available, one should
Can you clarify a bit about the problem that this patch solves? And how
you tested that it fixes it?