This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not clear the prev, curr and ... Minor clarification.
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 18:44:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not clear the prev, curr and ... Minor clarification.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <510b310a3f4f5a19abf1349216f013b3 at xs4all dot nl> <44110727-fec0-caba-84f5-5e4908ee13dc at dronecode dot org dot uk> <f8e5ba5fe87751f6e5d03dc0eddc4e3e at xs4all dot nl>
On 2016-05-23 17:26, Houder wrote:
On 2016-05-23 15:44, Jon Turney wrote:
Can you clarify a bit about the problem that this patch solves? And
how you tested that it fixes it?
I reported the "problem" in March, here:
- Package choosing algorithm ...
However, in a nutshell the story is as follows:
I install from "Local Directory" (i.e. not directly from a mirror;
I operate a local mirror).
At that point in time I had installed a TEST version of the cygwin pkg.
Corinna launched another TEST version of that package. After
new version, I also removed the CURRENT version of that pkg (yes,
that, except me).
... in order not to create any confusion, I might clarify:
... I removed the current version of the pkg in my repository (disk) --
the tarball, not the pkg from the system (Cygwin).