Re: How to override previous version?

On 10/12/2016 22:42, David Rothenberger wrote:
When I package Subversion, I usually leave the last major release as the
previous version in setup because there are compatibility issues when
updating major releases.

I'm now a little confused about how to accomplish this with the new
pvr.hint scheme. I think I just need to upload an override.hint file,
but I'm not sure what its contents should be nor whether I need to make
one for each package or just one for the entire directory.

Subversion has many child packages, so I get a dist tree with the
top-level subversion package and then subdirectories for each child
package. Now each of these have a separate pvr.hint file.

I'm trying to package 1.9.5-1 and 1.8.17-1. Would I do this by creating
an override.hint file in the top-level dist directory with the contents:

prev: 1.8.17-1

Is that sufficient? Any advice would be appreciated.

That looks like the right contents.

But currently, an override.hint is required for each (sub)package.