This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [SECURITY] please withdraw screen 4.5.0 from the Cygwin archives
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 14:46:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [SECURITY] please withdraw screen 4.5.0 from the Cygwin archives
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 25/01/2017 13:21, Andrew Schulman wrote:
Can someone please remove screen 4.5.0-1 from the archive?
screen 4.5.0 has at least one serious security problem , and maybe some other
bugs too. I doubt Cygwin is affected, since screen doesn't rely on root
privileges there. But 4.5.0 is only a minor update and a fix isn't going to be
available until next month, so I think I want to withdraw this release.
For future reference, you can do this yourself, see