This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unison-2.48 build fails with latest ocaml and flexdll (attn: Achim)
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 21:23:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: unison-2.48 build fails with latest ocaml and flexdll (attn: Achim)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx02.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=cygwin.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx02.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=none smtp.mailfrom=yselkowitz at cygwin dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 46C757E9C2
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 46C757E9C2
- References: <h1hvhblmsho84o6ofuetks19agfo3u9ro4-e09XROEemail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <41t6ibtbcojbmar8blrc80fk8tmplbbuj3-e09XROEfirstname.lastname@example.org> <5723B6C7.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <5mt0bcpirrh22jobp0qtm5q0hsfqqncjt8-e09XROEfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2017-03-31 12:00, Andrew Schulman wrote:
On 2017-02-24 12:15, Andrew Schulman wrote:
Could you try this again with the OCaml 4.04.0 stack I just uploaded,
and see if this is still an issue?
Yes, with OCaml 4.04.0 the build of unison2.49 still fails with
flexdll error: cannot relocate RELOC_REL32, target is too far:
rebase -b 0x06440000 /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so
rebase -b 0x06510000 /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllcamlstr.so
as before fixed the flexdll error.
Achim, I think /usr/lib/ocaml needs to be ignored by autorebase;
flexlink'ed DLLs are loaded very differently, and rebasing seems to
Then I got a different build error, but
I'll ask on the unison list about that.
Is 2.49 a stable version? It seems neither Fedora nor Debian have
packaged it. I was able to build the latest 2.48 OOTB, and 2.40 and
2.45 with this patch:
The build of orpie also failed, but for a different reason. It needed
ocaml-camlp4, but when I installed that and tried again I got
ocamlopt.opt -c -pp camlp4o -I ./curses -I ./gsl -I ./units -thread
>> Fatal error: OCaml and preprocessor have incompatible versions
Oops, it seems there were some old curr:/prev: tags on ocaml-camlp4. I
removed those, so please try again with 4.04+1-1.